Sunday, August 3, 2008

Thing #15: Web 2.0, Library 2.0, & the Future of Libraries

Today's school librarian is definitely not the school librarian of the 70's & 80's. A long time ago, librarians were the little old ladies that stood at the counter and stamped the date in your book, that's just what I thought when I was little, please don't take that the wrong way. Over the past few years I've observed the day in the life of a school librarian. S/he has to know how to do everything!!!!!! The entire school depends on this person for technology and information. The role of the librarian has become very important to the success of our students. I've learned a great deal about technology from my high school librarian friend and I'm excited to see that she is always learning new technology so she can teach it to me, ha! The student video was enlightening. It was interesting to see their views about how they spend their days and how they obtain information.

No comments: