Sunday, August 3, 2008

Thing #14: Technorati

I’m so glad I had the video to watch. The girl did a nice job explaining how to search for things in Technorati. The YouTube video was “no longer available”.

I have used tags before and didn’t really realize it. I just thought they were keywords to click on to find more information about the stuff I like. I guess that’s what a tag is! :0)

The Tag, You’re It to Advertisers article was helpful and easy to understand, thank goodness, because I was getting confused.

I tried to become a member of Technorati, but when I put in my access key that they emailed me it kept going back to the main registration page. I’ll keep trying!

My search using “School Library Learning 2.0” was confusing because it kept pulling up blogs with each individual word, not the complete “School Library Learning 2.0”. I need to work on that.

While playing in the Top Blogs area, I learned that Boing Boing won the Lifetime Achievement and Best Group Blog awards at the 2006 Bloggies ceremony. Who knew there was an awards ceremony for Blogs? Wow! It’s a weblog of cultural curiosities and interesting technologies. It's the most popular blog in the world, as ranked by Technorati.com. And there was a disturbing news article, “Trolls Among Us”.

I can see that I need to spend more time in Technorati land to fully be able to use it with my students.

No comments: