Saturday, August 2, 2008

Thing #12: Creating Community Through Commenting

Two points that I think are important are to thank the commenter and to reply to those that comment on your blog. I love how Blueskunk put it… “If you are a blogger and receive a comment, I've always thought it polite to say thanks to the commenter when possible. This is not a universally practiced - or endorsed - practice. Somehow, I just think if a person has given up a chunk of life to read and craft a response, I should be grateful.” And Will Richardson’s thoughts, “While every blogger likely lapses - from time to time - into a nonproductive "blogging funk", is it possible that in ignoring the comments of one's readers, a message of elitism may be exuded (particularly to that timid teacher that may have just posted the first comment in his/her entire life)?”
Since blogging is new to me, leaving in-depth, meaningful comments definitely does not come naturally. Yes, I can comment how pretty or interesting something is, but to really express my thoughts about a person’s post or blog will take some getting used to. I posted comments like the Discovery Activity instructed and I found two blogs that were interesting to me. Marianne Williamson’s blog and author Robert B. Parker’s blog.

No comments: