Monday, August 4, 2008

Thing #23: Yeah! I finally made it!

I liked just about everything! Some of it was really, really time consuming and I got a little frustrated, but it turned out alright. It was fun to set up my blog and avatar...adding pretty colors and cutsie stuff and fun names. I really enjoyed playing with mashups, Flickr color pickr, Picasa, Google tools, Mosaic maker, ya know the fun stuff.

I have finally learned some new technology that I'll be able to use personally and professionally. It'll be nice to incorporate it into my lessons and I think students will be impressed and interested. The learning doesn't end with Thing 23. I'm sticking with this and I'll keep practicing and playing with all of the Things.

Some of the Things were kind of hard to get through, but it could be due to my lack of knowledge. I found that if I took frequent breaks I was more successful.

The Common Craft videos were awesome. I would have been lost without those. I'll definitely refer to their site for future reference. Bruce's video was also excellent.

I would totally participate in another program. I feel much more computer savvy and look forward to improving upon it.

This journey through Library2play inspired Bird Girl to stretch her wings and fly confidently through the techno-universe.

Many thanks to everyone involved in this project! The entire time I was thinking to myself, "I can't believe how much work and time went into this!" and "I can't believe how they even comment on how we're doing. They must not have any time off this summer!" And I have a whole new appreciation for frogs!!! I look forward to keeping up with the goings-on at Lily Pad Playground. Thanks VWB!!!

2 comments:

VWB said...

Glad your technology adventures took you soaring to new heights! hope you will continue to share your successes thru your blog.

Hebrews 13:2 said...

Dyslexic Mystery Lover...
Hi...I glad that I made you laugh...That's one of my goals...I like that.And, thank you for visiting my "Blog".

And, "Congratulations" are in order for you, too!...The "23 Things" were quite a trip, weren't they?...Boy, I know that I won't forget a few of the tasks they put us through...Talk about life-long learning!...For awhile there, I thought that I was going to have to go to Wal-Mart and buy a couple of more "life times" in order to finish some of the "Things".

I will make your "Blog" a "favorite" and check in on you from time to time...Have a great 2008-2009 school year.