Sunday, July 6, 2008

Thing #9: Locate a few useful library-related blogs and/or news feeds

How to Create Your Circle of the Wise: How to pick the reads in your RSS is very informative. I think I was just trying to add as many impressive sounding blogs that I could find! But, would I actually read them? Probably not. So now I’m taking Cool Cat Teacher’s advice and only adding a few quality blogs that I know I’ll read. I think I like Google Blog Search the best so far. For some reason I can’t open Feedster, but I want to check that out since I’ve heard that is a fav of many other bloggers. Edublog is great for award-winning educational feeds. And… OMG!!! I just read that VWB’s A Library By Any Other Name won the 2007 Best Library/Librarian Blog. Congrats!!! No wonder I’ve been learning so much from her blogs. My brain is kinda fried right now after many hours of searching RSS feeds. I did find Houston news feeds and dyslexia feeds that I added to my blog list.

No comments: